Book Bank Scheme
Books are available to the students in the library under the Book-Bank system. Those who want books must apply though the respective Head of the Department.
Rules and Regulations for operating the Book-Bank
- The main objective of the book-bank is to help the needy and the poor students studying in the institution by issuing the text books on loan.
- No students can claim any book as a matter of right and the decision of the Principal regarding the social status of a student shall be final.
- No student shall ordinarily be lent more than one book at a time. But, if there are any unallotted books, they may be lent to the students as a special case.
- No student shall keep the book lent to him for more than one term.
- Text books available in book banks only will be issued on loan under this scheme. The text books borrowed should be returned in good condition as soon as they are no longer required by the students, in any case not later than one day immediately after the last written examination. The books which Principal considers useful for practical examination can be permitted to be retained by the student concerned till the end of the practical examination.
- No certificate will be issued by the Principal in case of final year students, if they are defaulters. For this purpose a No-due certificate from the Librarian with particular reference to the Book-Bank will be insisted upon.
- Books should not be inter-changed by students on their own. However, book in exchange can be obtained, subject to availability and approval by the Principal. The students who loses or defaces or otherwise damages the book issued to him/her shall replace it by a new copy or pay double the cost of the book.
- The decision of the Principal in issuing the book on loan from the Book-Bank or his/her refusal to lend book to any particular student will be final.
- No fee will be collected as deposit. Application for borrowing the books must be submitted to the Librarian through the respective Head of the Department in the prescribed form.
- Students who receive the books from the Book-Bank should sign in the issue register. While returning the book, it is the responsibility of the borrower to sign in the column specifically meant for the purpose to indicate that the book has been returned in good condition.
- Students should not lend the books to any person.
- The book should be produced or returned whenever called upon.